The parish church of St Cosmas and St Damian is located in idyllic isolation on the North Downs, one mile from the centre of the village. It is a Norman church, primarily built of flint and ironstone, started about 1100 AD close to the site of a former wooden Saxon church. Christian worship has taken place at Ss Cosmas & Damian church for over 800 years and probably for many more in the Saxon church that was adjacent to this site. The church is famous for its modern murals, the last of which was painted in 2000 to represent Christ arriving in Challock in the Millennium year.
1st Sunday 9:30am – Holy Communion (BCP)
3rd Sunday 10:30am – Morning Prayer
5th Sunday 11am – Benefice Service, at one of the churches in the benefice (see the latest Benefice Newsletter.)
Find out more
The church can be used for special services and events. There is parking for about 12 cars at the church and with permission of the farmer, a nearby field that can be used for parking at larger events. The church has a toilet and basic kitchen (but no ‘cooking’ facilities) and electric heating.
You can visit the village website to find out more about Challock here.
Address: Ss Cosmas and Damian Church, Church Lane, Challock, Ashford, Kent TN25 4DB